The Process of Financial Planning: Developing a Financial Plan, 2nd Edition
Product #: 7190002
Format: Paperback, 8 ½" x 11", approx. 494 pages
Pub. Date: September 2012
About the Book
- Explains of the process of financial planning, based on an in-depth and multidisciplinary view. Through the process, creates a framework for the practice of financial planning.
- Discusses concepts central to everyday practice: the ethical, legal and regulatory environments; planner-client communication and decision making.
- Highlights the components of a model financial plan, whether comprehensive or modular, to document and guide the process for the advisor and the client.
- Class tested and student friendly: key teaching and learning resources are included, such as graphs, charts, tips, and sample documents
- Includes chapters that are devoted to specific skill sets, such as decision making and analysis.
- Introduces key topics such as ethics and professional responsibility.
- Provides the background and framework for creating and presenting a financial plan.
- Highlights the importance of building client relationships through ongoing, two-way communication.
- And, new and expanded for the Second Edition:
- Increased focus on CFP Board's Practice Standards, Code of Ethics, and Rules of Conduct
- Teaching and learning aids, such as Learning Objectives linked to end-of-chapter Learning Outcomes and Chapter Highlights to aid focus and retention of key information
- Expanded coverage of real-world examples
Table of Contents
Part I: The Profession of Financial Planning
What is Financial Planning?
Ethics, Laws, and Regulations: How Standards Impact the Plan, Process, and the Profession
Part II: Fundamental Tools for Financial Planning
Part III: The Systematic Process of Financial Planning
Framing the Relationship, the Situation, and the Goals
Analyzing the Situation and Developing the Plan
Implementing and Monitoring the Plan
Part IV: The Product of Financial Planning
Writing a Financial Plan
Assessing Your Financial Risk Tolerance
Client Intake Form
Financial Planning Benchmarks
Education Planning: A Sample Section from Kims' Comprehensive Plan